I know that I had already posted this, but, I had to add from this article. It was interesting! Facebook lovers should check it out! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tara-stiles/help-im-addicted-to-faceb_b_166726.htmlI have really enjoyed reconnecting with old friends, classmates and companions, and even some old, "more" than friends! But, what I have loved the most about facebook is being able to feel apart of people's lives that I know. It is quite intimate if you think about some of the posts that are sent to me on a daily basis. Some of the people that I can get a regular update on I never really spoke that much to before. Some may say that it is a waste of time and maybe even geeky. I think that it could be- but, I have so enjoyed "hooking up" with companions from the Paris, France Mission 1990-1993. And with friends from Brighton High School Class of 1987. Especially chatting on a regualr basis with the BFF's. I have found friends from College and past jobs and those that we love and miss from our many past moves. It was hard to leave so many of you and I cherish any bit of continued relationship that I may keep. We started facebook so that we could "chat" cheaply with family members in England and in other parts of the country. How fun it is to have soo many other people to chat with! You could be on facebook all day- I will admit I check it a couple of times a day. It is so fun for me to see all the fantastic things people that I know are doing in this big old world! But be careful-it is PUBLIC!
I read this in the article that I linked to this post-
10 warning signs that you may be addicted to Facebook
1. Facebook is your home page.
2. You update your status more than twice a day.
3. You have over 500 "friends" half of whom you've never actually met.
4. As soon as you step away from your computer you're on FB on your phone.
5. You are a FB stalker. You qualify as a FB stalker if you
a) click on someone's profile more than once a day even if they haven't messaged or tagged you in a photo.
b) have dragged and dropped more than 3 FB photos (not from your own profile)
c) actually go to a place mentioned on someone's page in hopes of seeing them in real life...creepy!
6. You change your profile picture more than a 12-year=old girl.
7. You have checked your FB page while reading this article.
8. You clean up your "wall" so it looks like you spend less time on FB.
9. You are a member of more than 10 groups and respond to every event invitation "attending" even if you have no intention of going.
10. You change your relationship status just to mess with people.

5 comments:
Facebook is definitely a GREAT thing! I love it!
Now we just need to get Stacy, Lori and Sherie on board then we will be complete!
Love ya, beautiful friend of mine!
Yes! Facebook is awesome! Have you made your profile private??
I love Facebook! I will be connecting with you soon!! Are you coming back??
Oh crap! I according to your post, I'm addicted to it!
The only thing I would change about facebook is that people can post your pictures from years ago..., you know specially the ones you want to hide forever!!!???
But is a great tool to keep in touch with old friends.
I'm loving your blog!!!
Don't quite know where to post this - I'm not addicted to facebook - just a blog freak. Enjoyed your testimony today - you amaze me with your trusting spirit. Loved the new hair chickka, hotta - no princess Lea wig for you eh? Don't ever leave us please...
Post a Comment