Saturday, January 3, 2009

"I cry the day I take the Tree Down"~ It takes forever!

I started this post after Christmas, and I started taking Christmas down after New Year's day, but, I am still doing it! When the kids were small, I was so good at getting it up and down and it seemed easier? HOW?! Three kids, all within four years and a full time job, open-heart surgery, postpartum depression? I felt that I was able to get more done? Maybe I am suffering from burn out? What is sad is that NOW, they will remember it! I used to decorate for every Holiday, I mean decorate- Like my Mom does- all over the house- Snowmen in January, I even decorated for the school starting! Maybe turning 40 in September of this year is already making a difference! But, I watched a great segment on Studio 5 about how to be emotionally healthy! The best part was writing ACT on my mirror- it was a step in the article= ACT: Never stand still or stop! Stay mentally, physically, and socially active. Walk, greet neighbors, establish and maintain relationships, dance, play cards or do crossword puzzles to also keep the mind active. Here is the link to the segment; http:// id="kslvid5246019"> '>http://

> It is a good article to reread when you are having an "I don't want to do anything day!" or a Pity Party-





ANYWAY!!! We had a great Christmas 2009! My kids are teen-pre-teen and so it is different- they still get up early- Nathan!!! We used to cart everything, again when they were all babies in diapers and formula, to both Grandma's-now we stay home and have a nice peaceful Christmas morning and a "OK" night's sleep- We have them come to us-SMART?! Went out to Nanny and Poppa's on Christmas day- it was great! They always spoil us!



Santa miraculously came through and the boys were able to get Air soft Guns- so exciting! Those pellets end up everywhere?! How did one get in my dryer? In the Fridge? Hidden in the carpet- my poor vacuum! Scott and Chelsea got one too- Chelsea needs to defend herself and Scott- well, I don't need to say why HE needed one!


They play Ghost Recon in the back yard- it is so BOY! The Dog doesn't like the new guns! Several boys in our neighborhood have them and that is fun!
We had a blast visiting with family and watching the traditional Christmas movies and reading the traditional stories and of course singing the songs! And celebrating with the world the Birth of the Savior! That is the part that I miss- but, it is the part that I should strive to keep in my daily life!-so pack all it all up to cherish in a year!









And now, I have to get organized and re discipline myself from all the Parties and Party Food!

I had the chance to go to my BFF from BHS Annual Christmas party!~ We have been doing this since we were Juniors in High School with 9 of us, but some of these girls I have been friends with since I was 5 and in Kindergarten, Sherrie and Stacy, Lori and I have been friends since we were 8 and Cindy about that long too- I met Tiff our Sophomore summer and Jill and Wendy sometime in Butler Middle School- Tiff keeps us all together! They are the most beautiful, talented, interesting friends! And they have been there for me always- and they always will! I love it when we can all be together!
When we are together it is late and fun, and we talk, talk, talk!

I have been so blessed with wonderful family that cares for me, and fantastic friends! The Year 2008 is over- and with it there are past problems and good memories! But, there are great friends and my loving family! And I am able to begin another year with them and my loving husband and brilliant children! This year we have started with the usual problems of finance and not enough of time, and how am I ever going to achieve my goals! Scott is taking on another job, and I am still looking for one. The kids are trying hard at school and we are going to be very healthy this year! We have downsized and have prioritized! Yes! I do have faith that it will be a Great Year! For all of us!

No comments:

Mormon Channel

LDS News